Webster Groves Nature Study Society Natural History Photo Contest 2021
8. Photo captions are requested. At a minimum, all submitted photos must include:
a. Name of the plant, animal, or subject
b. Location where the image was taken
c. Photographer’s name
d. Category the photo is being entered
9. Bonus Category
a. All Contest rules listed here apply.
b. This category will not be eligible for the Grand Prize.
10. The photographer retains copyrights to their work. However, the photographer gives WGNSS permission to use any photo submitted for non-commercial purposes.
11. Photo entries may be submitted between January 1 and February 28, 2021. Submit photos and address all questions regarding the WGNSS 2021 Photo Contest to: Bill Duncan (WGNSS Nature Photography Group Chairperson), at firstname.lastname@example.org.
b. Illustrated natural history story. More credit will be given to photos that capture the essence of a habitat, the interaction of a rare native species with its environment, etc.
2. At the April General meeting, a panel of three judges (photography expert, category naturalist and board member) will select the top three photos from each photo category.
3. Following, all WGNSS members in attendance will select the Grand Prize winner by secret ballot. The photo with the most points will be acclaimed the Grand Prize winner.
4. If Covid-19 restrictions are still in effect, the contest will be conducted entirely virtually.